Experienced Florida Personal Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach Who Fights for Plaintiffs
EFFECTIVE WEST PALM BEACH ATTORNEY TAKES ACTION AGAINST NEGLIGENT PARTIES
When a careless individual or business causes a serious injury, victims face more than physical harm. Medical bills can mount quickly, and the threat is even greater if you’re unable to work and keep up with your regular expenses. In times like these, an experienced personal injury attorney can assess the situation promptly and press for appropriate compensation from defendants and their insurers. Winegar Law Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach delivers exceptional representation and service to victims of negligence throughout South Florida. Whether you’ve been hurt in a car accident, because of a defective product or in a fall on an unsafe surface, attorney Joshua Winegar will assert your rights during settlement negotiations and in court, if that’s what is needed to bring you justice.
KNOWLEDGEABLE LITIGATOR HANDLES A FULL RANGE OF VEHICLE ACCIDENT CLAIMS
Busy roads in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties increase the likelihood of harmful auto accidents. We advocate for clients who have been hurt in all types of collisions and have the experience to take on accident claims involving:
- Trucks — Special rules apply to the owners and operators of commercial vehicles because of the risk they pose. If you’ve been hit by a truck, we’ll analyze the evidence to see if any regulations were violated.
- Motorcycles — Catastrophic harm can result when a car or truck strikes a motorcycle. Regardless of the extent of your injuries, we’ll develop a comprehensive case that addresses your current and future needs.
- Bicycles — Cyclists have little protection if they come into contact with a larger vehicle, and some drivers aren’t aware of the laws that are meant to protect bicycle riders. We uphold your rights as a cyclist and seek compensation that fully addresses the harm you’ve suffered.
- Airplanes — After an airplane accident, we conduct a thorough review to learn what companies and individuals were responsible for the crash. From there, our firm works to hold the negligent parties accountable.
- SUV and other rollovers — Rollover accidents can trigger traumatic brain injuries and other significant medical problems. In sport utility vehicles, a design or manufacturing defect related to a high center of gravity might be to blame.
Under Florida’s no-fault auto insurance system, most people who are hurt in traffic accidents seek relief from their own carrier. However, when a serious injury occurs, a victim is entitled to pursue relief against the at-fault driver and their insurance company. In a free consultation, we’ll outline your options.
SKILLED COUNSELOR LITIGATES MEDICAL MALPRACTICE AND PREMISES LIABILITY CASES
Proving a negligence claim requires the plaintiff to show that the defendant violated their duty of care and that breach resulted in damages. Our firm handles a wide range of personal injury negligence actions, including those relating to:
- Medical malpractice — Doctors, hospitals and other healthcare providers are required to follow acceptable standards of care by following proper steps in diagnosis, treatment, surgery and drug prescription. If you suspect that medical malpractice occurred, our firm will consults with relevant experts to determine if a potential claim exists.
- Products liability — We’ll take on the makers and sellers of defective products when a manufacturing, design or labeling flaw leads to an injury.
- Slip and fall incidents — When property owners don’t meet their responsibility to keep their premises safe, we litigate slip and fall actions as well as cases arising from security failures and other hazardous conditions on the owner’s premises.
- Wrongful death — After a fatal vehicle accident, lethal medical error or some other type of deadly incident, our firm seeks legal relief for bereaved family members through wrongful death actions.
In most cases, if you’ve been hurt due to someone else’s negligence, you have four years from the date of the incident to file a claim. Even if the statute of limitations still has a long time to run, acting quickly bolsters your case because key witnesses and evidence can be tracked down more easily.
DAMAGES IN FLORIDA INJURY AWARDS
A defendant who is held liable for injuries can be responsible for various types of economic damages, including medical costs, lost income, rehabilitation and treatment expenses and any decrease in earning ability. Noneconomic damages are also compensable, such as pain and suffering the victim endured and the loss of enjoyment of life caused by the incident. State law permits victims to recover damages in a trial even if they are partly liable for their injury. Under this pure comparative negligence standard, the verdict is reduced by the percentage of fault assigned to the plaintiff. Except for punitive damages, which are rarely awarded, Florida no longer caps any damage awards.
Contact a dedicated South Florida personal injury lawyer for a free consultation
Winegar Law Injury Lawyers represents Florida clients in the full range of personal injury matters, including cases arising from auto accidents and traumatic brain injuries. To schedule a free initial consultation at our West Palm Beach office, please call 833-660-7822 or contact us online.