TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURIES
When Traumatic Brain Injury is caused due to someone else’s negligence, Florida Law allows for monetary damages to be awarded for the following reasons:
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Future Earning Capacity
- Medical Bills
- Cost of Therapy
- Reduced Quality of Life
- Pain & Suffering
- Psychological and Emotional Counseling
- Future Medical Care
In fatal Severe Traumatic Brain Injury cases, Florida Law allows for a Wrongful Death civil suit to be brought about by a victim’s family members.
PROVING TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY IN FLORIDA
Most Traumatic Brain Injury lawsuits are based on a legal theory called “negligence”, whereby the plaintiff who suffered the injury must show all of the following:
- That the law required the party accused of causing the injury, the defendant, to be reasonably careful and provide a “duty of care” to the plaintiff,
- The defendant’s action or inaction caused the plaintiff’s injuries, and
- The plaintiff suffered injuries and losses that are measurable under the law.
WEST PALM BEACH SEVERE TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY LAWYER
Winegar Law Injury Lawyers exclusively handles personal injury law, including Traumatic Brain Injury law, for the West Palm Beach area.
If you or a loved one has been injured with a traumatic brain injury, fill out our quick Appointment Request form to learn the value of your case: