South Florida Auto Accident Lawyer Aids Clients Hurt in Crashes
PROVEN WEST PALM BEACH ATTORNEY REPRESENTS PLAINTIFFS IN COLLISION CASES
Car crashes are traumatic events that can have serious, lasting consequences. If you’ve been injured in a South Florida auto accident, Winegar Law, P.A. in West Palm Beach offers knowledgeable counsel and strong advocacy so you can obtain compensation for your injuries, lost income and the pain you’ve endured. Attorney Joshua Winegar is a dedicated attorney who has helped injured drivers, passengers and pedestrians hold negligent drivers accountable and achieve legal resolutions that allow them to heal physically while meeting their financial needs.
ACCOMPLISHED FIRM WORKS TO HOLD CARELESS AND AGGRESSIVE DRIVERS ACCOUNTABLE
More than 15,000 people were injured in Palm Beach County auto accidents in 2018, and the number of fatal crashes exceeded 150. Each situation is unique, but many Florida accidents stem from:
- Alcohol and drug use — Most drivers are considered to be legally intoxicated if their blood alcohol content level is .08 percent or higher, but even if a motorist is not cited for being drunk or under the influence of drugs, impairment might have contributed to the crash.
- Distracted driving — The question of whether a motorist was using a cellphone is now a standard inquiry for police accident reports, and for good reason. Even a brief check of one’s texts can be the trigger for a major collision. In cases involving cellphones, eating in the car and other distractions, we work to demonstrate the consequences of driver inattention.
- Dangerous roads — Poorly designed or maintained roads create dangerous conditions for the drivers and passengers who travel on them. We examine the relevant accident scene thoroughly to see whether an unreasonably hazardous condition contributed to the crash.
- Manufacturing defects — Our firm has the knowledge and background to take effective action against the manufacturers of cars, trucks and automotive parts when defects trigger an accident causing injury.
- Aggressive driving — Road rage presents risks to more than the participants themselves. Whether someone is operating their car in an aggressive manner because they’re angry or speeding to get home quickly, drivers who engage in this behavior must be held accountable when it leads to an accident.
Whether there’s no dispute about what occurred in your accident or the case involves sharp disagreements and multiple parties, our firm will protect your interests. We work on a contingency basis, so you’ll receive a free consultation about your potential claim and won’t pay attorney’s fees unless you collect payment in a judgment or settlement.
THOROUGH LITIGATOR REPRESENTS VICTIMS OF TRUCK AND MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS
Attorney Joshua Winegar is an accomplished South Florida litigator who understands how to achieve a favorable result in all types of personal injury and wrongful death cases pertaining to vehicle accidents, including cases involving:
- Trucks — In truck accident lawsuits, we review the evidence to see if federal regulations governing maintenance, driver training and commercial vehicle were violated.
- Motorcycles — Victims of motorcycle accidents lack the protection of people who are inside cars and trucks. Our firm prepares a thorough case on behalf of bikers facing high medical bills and other costs.
- Pedestrians — Drivers who don’t pay proper attention or who aren’t aware of the laws designed to safeguard pedestrians can cause catastrophic harm to walkers. When someone is struck by a motor vehicle, we provide skilled advocacy and press for full compensation.
Immediately after a car wreck, your first priority should be ensuring the safety of yourself and everyone around you. Contact the police and stay clear of any oncoming traffic if that is possible. If each driver, passenger and bystander is safe, try to exchange insurance details with the other parties and obtain contact information with any witnesses. Recording details and impressions of the scene can help your case, but there’s no need to determine who was at fault: nothing can be decided at that point. Our firm can take the information you’ve gathered and construct a calculated strategy to win your lawsuit or emerge with a fair settlement.
KNOWLEDGEABLE ADVOCATE OUTLINES FLORIDA AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE RULES
Automobile accidents can cause back and neck damage, traumatic brain injuries and even permanent harm, such as paralysis. These conditions can lead to massive medical bills and lost wages. Florida is a no-fault insurance state for automobile accidents, so a Florida injury victim’s own insurance company usually pays for medical treatment and other associated costs no matter who caused the collision. Accordingly, each driver in the state must carry a personal injury policy that covers at least $10,000 in damages per person per crash. However, a victim can file a personal injury lawsuit against the faulty party if the harm is considered to be serious. Qualifying conditions include loss of bodily function, permanent injury, scarring and disfigurement. Dealing with a medical crisis is a challenge, but attorney Joshua Winegar is an accomplished auto accident litigator who will help you explore your options and uphold your rights.
Contact an experienced Florida auto accident lawyer for a free initial consultation
Winegar Law, P.A. litigates on behalf of South Florida clients who have been injured in a car crash or some other type of vehicle accident. We serve plaintiffs throughout the region from our office in West Palm Beach. To make an appointment for a free consultation, please call 833-660-7822 or contact us online.